tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r414906 - in /tomcat/tc6.0.x/trunk/java/org/apache/coyote/http11: Http11AprProcessor.java InternalAprInputBuffer.java
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 22:43:04 GMT
fhanik@apache.org wrote:
> Author: fhanik
> Date: Fri Jun 16 13:55:06 2006
> New Revision: 414906

> Log:
> Fixed comet processing.
> The following bug was existing:
> When a comet request had begun, and the browser sent some more data, the Tomcat APR component
was never reading the data from the socket and lead to two kinds of failures
> 1. The CometServlet.read returned false, cause no data was read, and the socket closed
> 2. If the CometServlet.read was overwritten and return true, the thread got stuck in
a loop, forever hanging.

> The solution was to read the incoming data from the socket, update the content length
of the request, and make sure that the input filters would still allow to read the data.

> I think the following features still need to be fixed:
> 1. If CometServlet.read return false, the adapter should call CometServlet.end, not CometServlet.error
> 2. If CometServlet.read throws an error, then the adapter should call CometServlet.error
> 3. When CometServlet.read returns false, don't close the socket, keep alive should still
work and we should still be able to process more HTTP requests on that connection

I think there's something conceptually wrong with this. I don't have
time to look into it right now, however.

Rémy