tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Time for 4.1.32?
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 02:25:44 GMT
Mark Thomas wrote:

> To clarify the position on the beta status, the Tomcat project has
> historically (at least as long as I have been involved anyway)
> released initially as Alpha/Beta as deemed appropriate, given people a
> few weeks to test and then had a stability vote. I intend to follow
> the same path for 4.1.32.

+1 - and I really think this is a great thing that Tomcat does for it's users.
Some weeks I wish httpd still did the same ;)

My earlier comment was specifically about 4.1 - I'd certainly like to keep
seeing stability votes on the rapidly changing 5.5 flavors, etc.  And if you
want to follow the beta-stable path for 4.1 there's certainly nothing wrong
with that.

> Thanks again for the clarification,

No problem.