tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Knowles <>
Subject Re: [mod_jk] Documentation (offtopic)
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 02:18:12 GMT
Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
> yes, mod_proxy is probably a better choice, since it is HTTP,
> if you wanna use mod_jk the end point has to support the AJP protocol,
> I don't know that any other than jserv and tomcat are doing that right
> now.
Actually I think you'll find it's in a little wider use than that.
Winstone (see below) supports mod_jk AJP13, and a quick google showed
that there's even a Perl module that acts as a listener.

Sorry for the offtopic, I just thought I'd mention it so you know there
are others using it.

Servlet v2.4 container in a single 160KB jar file ? Try Winstone (

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message