tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter Neu" <peter....@gmx.net>
Subject Detect tomcat problems with a custom java reporting apps?
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2006 10:26:46 GMT
Hello,

I want to build a small custom reporting tool for our tomcat production
server.

The basic idea is, I want to send queries to tomcat and if one fails three
times send out alert messages to the admins.
My first idea was, to just use the http common client and use the http
status codes. But this is too easy as I suspect because
an out of memory exception wouldn't be considered as an error because it
sends back a html page. So what can I do?

Is JMX the magic word here? I saw some ant tasks in the docs but no way of
detecting a java.lang.outOfMemory Exception.

Cheers,
Pete