tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: problem using apache's commons-fileupload-1.1 package
Date Mon, 01 May 2006 11:44:00 GMT
tomcat-dev is for discussions about the development of Apache Tomcat.
questions about using Tomcat should be addressed to the user list.

however, this question is actually about commons-fileupload. It should have
been posted to the commons-user list. please read
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail2.html.

On 5/1/06, gabi maier <wizard_romania@yahoo.com> wrote:

>                 i have a problem uploading files to a servlet from a
> browser (html) client. i am using the apache commons-fileupload-1.1 jar...
> i describe my problem below. i pasted the servlet's java source code, the
> html i use for uploading and the error i get.    when i try uploading i get
> the following exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/apache/commons/io/output/DeferredFileOutputStream
> although i'm not using any DeferredFileOutputStream object anywhere nor am
> i importing this class at any time... could someone help?

 in this case, though, a quick glance at the root cause:

root cause
>   java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/apache/commons/io/output/DeferredFileOutputStream

provides enough information  to diagnose the issue. commons-fileupload is
missing a dependency. please read
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/fileupload/dependencies.html (and the rest
of the documentation).

please post any followups to the appropriate list (commons-users).

- robert