tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Shankar Unni <shankaru...@netscape.net>
Subject Re: URLStreamHandler and ContentHandler
Date Wed, 24 May 2006 23:29:28 GMT
Yoav Shapira wrote:

> More on topic, I don't mind switching Tomcat to java.util.logging

Umm, please don't do that. For those of us who *have* mastered the art
of using log4j with Tomcat (:-)), this would be a giant step back
(having one logging mechanism for Tomcat and one for the webapps - and I
don't want to go to java.util.Logging for our apps!).

While I think the current situation is a bit unfortunate and requires a
fair degree of knowledge of classloader hierarchies, it's at least a
workable setup for most users today.