tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Yoav Shapira" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Core webapps and clustering
Date Fri, 05 May 2006 00:15:28 GMT
Hola,
Since you asked for opinions, personally I'm:

- In favor of having one clustering implementation, but I think
everyone is, no whoop there
- Would prefer that clustering, like admin, stay a little module
that's easily added to the core (and in general would like to keep the
core as small as possible)
- Agnostic on JMX versus server.xml (can see equal justification for both)

A lot of this is just style preference.  As long as we have a working
clustering module, I'm sure it will be fairly easy to have a distro
with it and a distro without it.  That's why I haven't chimed in much
on this, I don't have a strong preference either way.

Yoav

--
Yoav Shapira
Nimalex LLC