tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Costin Manolache" <cos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r407661 [1/3] - in /tomcat/sandbox/java/org/apache/tomcat/util/modeler: ./ modules/
Date Fri, 19 May 2006 16:31:27 GMT
Well, it should be a bit faster and use a bit less memory, the old one was
creating few
dozen objects per  servlet/conainer/etc. Probably more visible for large
webapps.

Given how easy seems to be to rollback a change :-), I'll get it into
tomcat6 tree shortly,
just few more tests and I want to remove most of the commented out code, and
make it
a bit more lazy.

BTW - org.apache.catalina.mbeans is a mess IMHO, and a lot of ugly behavior
in modeler
is due to that - ex. for each attribute we do 2 method lookups, one in the
mbean wrapper and
one in the wrapped object itself. I'll take a look and try to clean it up a
bit where possible. I
also have few changes to remove gratuitous use of JMX when direct calls
would work as well.

Costin