tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Costin Manolache" <cos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Core webapps and clustering
Date Fri, 05 May 2006 06:07:09 GMT
On 5/4/06, Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devlists@hanik.com> wrote:

> 2. I would integrate the new "ha" module into the main tree
>    as Remy suggested, easier to catch when it breaks,
>    and session,context and other data management is something that
>    is pretty intimate with Tomcat's code base

That's what I am afraid - ha geting too 'intimate' with tomcat.

"Easy to catch when it breaks" is not an argument - there are other
tools for that, like
tests and gump, and it doesn't matter where it is.

'ha' is a big enough feature to sit on its own, with proper deps and
all it needs, maybe
even independent release cycle.

> 3. I was gonna make the "comm" layer, default to tribes
>    but be pluggable, if someone prefers to use something else, like
> Appia, Spread, jgroups etc.

Yes, and I assume you may need some adapters for each of them, etc.

Costin