tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Costin Manolache" <cos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Core webapps and clustering
Date Thu, 04 May 2006 21:56:59 GMT
It's not about using a mini-jboss architecture, but about a more
consistent and simpler
configuration.

IMO JMX should be used for configuration when possible, instead of
adding more weird
syntax to server.xml.

What is 'core module' and not is a complex issue - obviously what
ships in the 'default' distro will
change with each release. But clustering seems like a big enough and
separate enough component to me, if this is not a good candidate for
'separate module' - I don't know what would be. It's clearly not used
by all users, it has 2 implementations, etc.

Other opionions ?

Costin