tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Costin Manolache" <cos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: context problems: not addressed; summary
Date Tue, 02 May 2006 22:23:11 GMT
On 5/2/06, Remy Maucherat <remm@apache.org> wrote:
> Costin Manolache wrote:
> > Did you figure out what he is talking about ? Could you summarise - I
> > can't parse his rant.
>
> To be honest, not really. The point is that I simplified the deployer so
> that only one meaningful information is considered (for example, when
> deploying an archive the path comes from the archive name, etc) rather
> than a random one. I have stated previously I was ok if someone redid
> the deployer completely (it's all in Host/ContextConfig, so it should be
> possible), as it could be more flexible, etc. I don't think trying to
> extend the current one would work really well, and it's not exactly
> trivial either.

So what's the problem ? Should we better explain why the previous
behavior was bad and was removed ? Add more info next to 'WON'T FIX' ?

Anyone can implement any deployer they want - we have all the hooks
one would need, and if a hook is missing we can add it. But we also
have to simplify and make things  more consistent in the default
tomcat.

Costin