tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: URLStreamHandler and ContentHandler
Date Wed, 24 May 2006 15:22:19 GMT
Yoav Shapira wrote:
> Hola,
> For starters, I don't think the article is total FUD.  It's may be
> outdated, and like I said progress has been made by multiple parties
> involved (Tomcat with JULI, commons-logging with its implementation,
> log4j 1.3 in some relevant areas, SLF4j and other external projects,
> etc).  But that's besides the point.

Ok, this particular one is not 100% FUD, it's merely hugely inflating
issues which may occur when log4j is used and is deployed in certain
ways, and which can also be caused by bugs in Tomcat's logging usage
(getting a logger without the proper classloader being bound, etc). In
the end, having a more robust logging implementation would most likely
also avoid problems.

Rémy