tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What's about unloading policy of jsp-servlets ?
Date Wed, 17 May 2006 15:47:16 GMT
Oliver Dewdney wrote:
> So, what are the requirement to getting a patch accepted in tomcat 5.5?

As I said before, it is very unlikely I would accept such a patch (since
it would give JSP the worst of both worlds: the hassle of compilation
combined with the crap raw performance of templates), and for sure I
will veto it in the 5.5 branch.

You are using JSPs, which is a compiled technology, expecting it to
behave like a template based technology. Your design is broken, and
you'll have to live with that if you don't want to switch to using one
of the many template based offerings (and indeed, you are indeed not
completely alone, for whatever reason).

Rémy