tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Novotny <novo...@aei.mpg.de>
Subject valueUnbound does not get called
Date Mon, 08 May 2006 18:41:10 GMT

Hi,

    I'm writing a portlet that stuffs some data in the session. I put
debug staements in the valueBound and valueUnbound methods of my object
which implements the HttpSessionBindingListener. I see that the
valueBound method is getting invoked, however valueUnbound does not get
invoked when the session is invalidated.
    For fun, I tried doing the same thing in the portal webapp (the
primary webapp which all requests must go thru) and it all works fine.
It looks like the bug is caused when the portal dispatches to the other
portlet web application via the cross context dispatch mechanism. I see
the same session is being shared between the portal and the other
portlet web apps, but I just can't see why the valueUnbound would not
get invoked. Looks like a bug and was wondering if any of the tomcat
developers had any idea what is going on.

    Thanks, Jason