tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <tomcat-...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: TC 6: What needs to be done?
Date Fri, 05 May 2006 16:22:40 GMT
So people think it TC 6 should be focused on JEE 5 compatibility and
other major changes should only be done, if they pose no risk on an
early date. Somehow we are to late in the J2EE time frame.

On the other hand, major changes to e.g. the configuration management
should not be done for a release that looks like a minor release (6.1),
because then users will be very irritated that they have to learn a very
new configuration world. So as a consequence we might need to prepare
for a TC 6.5 or TC 7 until end of this year?

This will look strange at a first glance (why two major releases so
shortly after each other), but if we decide to focus TC 6 on JEE 5
compatibility and early delivery it looks like a logical consequence.

- Rainer