tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: Core webapps and clustering
Date Fri, 05 May 2006 12:18:05 GMT
Ah, I think I misread your suggestion...

Having support for clean extension modules where appropriate would be a
fine thing for Tomcat.

[For instance, the ability to easily replace the form-based
authentication mechanism so as to be transparently compatible with basic
authentication while still supporting session-based authentication --
all in the same web app...]