tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Claassen <mclaas...@ocie.net>
Subject Binary build procedures
Date Tue, 23 May 2006 14:46:25 GMT

My boss has implemented some new procedures with regard to open source
projects.  He believes the source distributions are trustworthy, but he is
not sure if he trusts the binary distributions.  I think the reasoning is
that he is uncertain if the binary distributions are controlled as well as
the source ones are.  And if they are not, someone could inject some
malicious code to expose customer data or something.

Can someone give me a brief explanation on how the binary distributions are
created for 5.5?  Are the binary distributions created automatically from
the repository, leaving no chance for nefarious tampering?

Thanks,
Mark