tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r392872 - /tomcat/tc6.0.x/trunk/build.xml
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2006 08:46:24 GMT

"Remy Maucherat" <remm@apache.org> wrote in message
news:443A13C4.30106@apache.org...
> billbarker@apache.org wrote:
>> Author: billbarker
>> Date: Sun Apr  9 18:36:19 2006
>> New Revision: 392872

>> Log:
>> Restore the ability to build with the Mail Resources
>
> Sorry, I am not going to accept these dependencies on proprietary code
> anymore. I may add dummy API sources in the repository (that will not get
> bundled, obviously), rewrite the classes using reflection, or remove
> javamail support. Would these solutions work for you ?

My patch does nothing, unless you specify the jars specifically in the
build.properties file.  There was a good reason that I didn't patch
build.properties.default as well.

I'm +1 to use the Geronimo implementations of JavaMail, +0 to using the
optional configuration that I just put in, -1 to removing any ability to
build Tomcat without even optional JavaMail support.