tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Yoav Shapira" <>
Subject Re: TC6 documentation
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 18:04:44 GMT
There were other reasons for using XML, like the ability for Jakarta
to have some common elements that would get automagically resolved
into the bug tracking URLs, etc.  For example, when I edit the
changelog it's great to just put in <bug>n</bug> and have it be
resolved to the proper Bugzilla link URL.  I think it cuts down on
typos, broken links, etc.  And this is just one example of a useful
custom element out of several.