tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Stan Silvert" <stan.silv...@jboss.com>
Subject Tomcat 6 Bug: JspFactory.getDefaultFactory() returns null
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2006 03:00:46 GMT
I couldn't find the Tomcat 6 bug database, so I am reporting this here.

I need to be able to add an ELResolver to the JspApplicationContext
before any JSP is ever called.  So, I do this in a
ServletContextListener:

JspFactory factory = JspFactory.getDefaultFactory();

JspApplicationContext appCtx =
factory.getJspApplicationContext(servletContext);

appCtx.addELResolver(myResolver);

However, at this point the org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspRuntimeContext
class has not been loaded.  So, getDefaultFactory() returns null.

If I add this to my code then everything works:

Class.forName("org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspRuntimeContext");

Please let me know where the bug database is and I'll open a report.

Thanks,

Stan Silvert

JBoss, Inc.

ssilvert@jboss.com