tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Costin Manolache" <cos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Executor support
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2006 16:38:29 GMT
I kind of liked ThreadWithAttributes :-), but I don't think it's
needed any more.
However, I think if we stop using it in some cases, we should completely remove
it, otherwise it's going to be messy.

ThreadWithAttributes was required long ago when we had JDK1.1 ( no ThreadLocal )
and with the early implementations of ThreadLocal. I haven't tested, but I hope
ThreadLocal is now optimized enough - i.e. I assume behaves just like
ThreadWithAttributes, accessing a 'local' data instead of the
hashtable lookup by thread.

+1 on removing completely TWA, but -1 on using it in some cases (
well, I think at least one
of the connectors is not using TWA already - but it's not commonly
used and I missed my
chance to -1 it.. )

Costin