tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Rossbach ...@objektpark.de>
Subject Re: Challenges for Java hosting
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2006 06:03:21 GMT
Hey,

Java/JSP and Tomcat for german hoster is a very bad story.  For two
year we
start a tomcat 5.0 based spezial tomcat distibution for hosting. The
Centaurus Platform
has show that effectiv hosting is possible. Problem is to find hoster
that use that package.
Look at http://centaurus.sourceforge.net/ and see that we have create
a very cool tomcat bundle.

Centaurus features:

Used a patched tomcat 5.0.27
full graphical and console installer package for LINUX/Windows
	You can have multiple installation profiles
Very nice html admin/manager console for one instance
	every webapp can register there own policy part (admin can control
this integration with rules)
Integrate new host from templates without downtime
Native Iintegration at os services with Java Service Wrapper
Plugin concept for people to extends tomcat core functionality
use of Mx4J Http adaptor with authorisation for remote control.

At cvs head exist a not final tomcat 5.5 version.

Regards
Peter
- Documentation only exist in german language.