tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Gomez" <>
Subject Re: configurable AJP Buffer Size
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2006 02:48:00 GMT
2006/4/6, Mladen Turk <>:
> Jess Holle wrote:
> > Henri Gomez wrote:
> >>
> > We recently saw a customer run into this limitation in that all of their
> > headers, etc, would not fit in the first 8K.
> >
> > Waiting for a new AJP version sounds like a non-starter.  Can we just
> > have something like a JkOption that allows one to explicitly opt into
> > this arrangement?  Address this for mod_jk and Tomcat and one is done
> > for now (though a mod_proxy_ajp shouldn't be far behind).
> -1.
> Guys we are talking about protocol!
> Saying that one part can send a 32K while the other
> part is expecting 8K will in most cases lead to core dump.
> If the size is larger then 8K, this is not an AJP13 protocol
> any more, and I'll be -1 on any attempt to extend the packet size.
> Like said, we can talk about AJP14, but AJP13 is well established
> protocol, and ideas that tries to break it will never pass.

Well configuring as I said previousy, settings buffer sire in mod_jk
(via jkOptions or others way) couldn't be done without doing/settings
the same on the Tomcat side.

And that code is not present today in jk of course, but need to be
introduce in all the Tomcat base (3.3/4.0/4.1/5.0 and 5.5).

May be the better will be to discuss what should be the foundation of
AJP13 successor.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message