tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Allistair Crossley" <Allistair.Cross...@QAS.com>
Subject 5.5.17 zip/exe service install
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2006 11:21:24 GMT
Hi,

Will the new 5.5.17 zip distro come with the tomcat EXE files used by
service.bat to install the service? I noted in 5.5.16 the EXEs were
missing, whilst the service.bat remained.

If this was intentional to keep the ZIP distro down in size in favour of
the EXE distro I would disagree with that because we need to be able to
script the installation of the service rather than use the installer
(e.g for laptop installations) as might other I.T depts. As it was, I
had to install the 5.5.16 from the installer to get the EXE files, copy
them, uninstall it all, then use the ZIP distro.

If the 5.5.16 non-inclusion of the EXEs was unintentional please ignore
me.

Cheers, Allistair

QAS Ltd.
Registered in England: No 2582055