tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From David Gagnon <dgag...@siunik.com>
Subject Is there a clean way to add Custom protocol endpoint to tomcat 5.5
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2006 15:42:55 GMT
Hi all,

  I need to have my tomcat servers to broadcast their state (custom
information) in order to collaborate.

I look into the cluster code, org.apache.catalina.cluster.mcast.* it a
good example of what I need : send a multicast message each X seconds
and keep a member list with their public info.

My problem is to fin a way to starts MY protocol endpoint when Tomcat
boots.  I don't want to put the code in my webApp, since I can have
several webapps on the same server.

I looked into server.xml to find a way to starts it... I tought
Connector  would be suitable for my needs but it seems strictly related
to HTTP request handling.

I hope to find a way without changing the tomcat code base.

Thanks for your help.
Best Regards
/David

P.S.: tought the dev list is the place for this kind of question.  Sorry
if this mail should have been posted on the user list.