tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r395980 - in /tomcat/container/tc5.5.x: catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/session/ManagerBase.java webapps/docs/changelog.xml
Date Sat, 22 Apr 2006 17:47:39 GMT
Remy Maucherat wrote:
> Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
>> Peter Rossbach wrote:
>>> I plan to start refactoring that DeltaManager/DeltaSession at
>>> current cluster and new ha cluster are real subclasses :-)
>>
>> that would be a -1, as we are not refactoring the current impl, that
>> was the reason for the new modules to begin with. You were the one
>> who suggested it :)
>> in the HA module, this is work in progress
>
> This change is something you promised to do aeons ago, and would have
> avoided many bugs, so I think you should withdraw this -1.
that correct, and it is being implemented. But you were the one who dove
in and stopped the refactoring two months ago, and also opted to create
a new module in there, and that is where it is being done right now.
Otherwise, the new module should have never happened, and we didn't have
to keep two impls in sync.