tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [ANN] Apache Tomcat v5.5.17-beta Now Available
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2006 20:57:16 GMT
Yoav Shapira wrote:
> Bill,
>

>>Yes, as long as it is not announced as the release, but announced as the
>>candidate, tarball, what have you.  I noted specifically that Yoav sent this
>>to announce@ which is definately verboten, pre vote.
>

> This might be a nitpick, but I believe I sent it to dev@tomcat,
> users@tomcat, and announce@apachenews.org, NOT announce@any apache.org
> address.  The apachenews.org site, as you know, is a sort of news site
> for Apache events (not just final releases), operated by Tetsuya who's
> an ASF member.  Its audience and purpose are quite different from
> announce@apache.org.  I wonder if that caused some confusion?

Yes (I misread it) and no, it must not be broadcast to users@, or any
external list, until the PMC approves it... rereading from apachenews.

April 15, 2006
15 April 2006 - Apache Tomcat v5.5.17-beta Now Available

The Apache Tomcat team is proud to announce the immediate availability of Tomcat
v5.5.17-beta.

I would say the team did not announce this (there was no vote) but YS announced
this.  I know this seems like a longwinded thread over a silly nit, but there is
most definately a legal difference, and I just want to ensure all of our members
and committers protect themselves :)

> (The rest of your message is understood, agreed)

  :)