tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANN] Apache Tomcat v5.5.17-beta Now Available
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2006 11:39:55 GMT
Yoav Shapira wrote:
>  We can codify it more formally in a VOTE thread from now on if need
> be, I suppose there's no harm in that.

Although boring, if it's the ASF rule, there is no harm in that except
an additional "official" voting thread. Since like you said, we agree
on each release, the RM can after that unofficial thread (or few of
them), simply ask an official alpha/beta vote.

It will not change anything in our release process. OTOH it will give
some formal meaning to it, and at the end of the day, that's no so bad.

Regards,
Mladen.