tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject RE: svn commit: r394113 - in /tomcat/container/tc5.5.x: modules/storeconfig/src/share/org/apache/catalina/storeconfig/StandardContextSF.java modules/storeconfig/src/share/org/apache/catalina/storeconfig/StoreConfig.java webapps/docs/changelog.xml
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2006 20:23:43 GMT

Because if unpackWARs="true", the war is exploded into the MyApps directory,
and Tomcat then considers that to be the docBase.

> How I can find at runtime  the real docBase path?

The Deployer knows about it, but it isn't telling :).

Otherwise, you'd have to re-parse MyApps.xml.  It is long gone from the
Context.

> Regards
> Peter
>
> Am 14.04.2006 um 19:59 schrieb Remy Maucherat:
>
> > Peter Rossbach wrote:
> >> Hi Yoav,
> >> the proposed StoreConfig patch is wrong, but I find a fix.  After
> >> some testing I see a very strange behaviour.
> >> I test with a referenced war file.
> >> <Context docBase="${catalina.base}/../../webapps/some.war" />
> >> and see at jconsole that docBase is set to "some" and not to the
> >> correct war path.
> >> After I store the context the docBase is remove. That correct
> >> behaviour from StoreConfig for local directory deployment $
> >> {catalina.base}/webapps/some.
> >> But why we remove orginal docBase? How can find the orginal
> >> docBase that I configured???
> >> Need help from Remy....
> >> Peter
> >> PS: I check in current stage, better work as before, but the fix
> >> is not finished.
> >
> > Don't CC me, I can read emails just fine. The basic rule is that
> > the docBase is ignored if inside the hosts's appBase (because in
> > that case the deployer wants to use the path).
> >
> > About tcnative 1.1.3, it's there as usual: http://www.apache.org/
> > dist/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/native/
> > The d/l is from the archive, so not synced yet.
> >
> > Rémy

of this message and any attachments.

(unencrypted) e-mail.