tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject RE: svn commit: r392872 - /tomcat/tc6.0.x/trunk/build.xml
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2006 18:03:53 GMT

Well, if we use the Geronimo jars, then it would be possible to ship them
with the binary distro, since they are ASF licensed :).

> I define the problem as "this should be an optional component, not
> really required by
> the spec or used by majority of users". The people who use it are
> likely to be in a J2EE
> environment where they have javamail, and could easily have the
> additional tomcat module.

I mostly favor keeping the JavaMail support, since removing it (or even
making it a separate download) is likely to generate a flood of BZ reports
from people that can't be bothered to read the docs :).  It has been there
since TC 4.0.0, so a lot of people are going to expect to just drop their
old war into TC 6 and have it work.

> Costin
>

> > For example, I can either add my dummy classes, or a svn
> link could be
> > created to
> >
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/specs/trunk/geronimo
> -spec-javamail/src/main/java/javax/mail