tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <>
Subject Re: [feedback request] session replication
Date Sat, 04 Mar 2006 11:26:38 GMT
Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
> 1. Requirements to be implemented by the API
>  bool isDirty - (has the session changed in this request)
>  bool isDiffable - is the session able provide a diff
>  byte[] getSessionData() - returns the whole session
>  byte[] getSessionDiff() - optional, see isDiffable, resets the diff data
>  void setSessionDiff(byte[] diff) - optional, see isDiffable, apply
> changes from another node
> 2. Requirements to be implemented by the API
>  void setSessionMap(HashMap map) - makes the map implementation pluggable

This byte based solution doesn't seem useful to me: for example in JBoss
there is support for finer grain replication, and it doesn't use byte

I'd like to have more explanation why this new APIs are a great idea,
and how they will be used.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message