tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Yaroslav Sokolov <>
Subject What's about unloading policy of jsp-servlets ?
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2006 12:36:35 GMT

I have found, that once loaded jsp-servlets are never unloaded.

To test I just configured tomcat to process *.html files by JspServlet
and then traversed jdk documentation. The result was not very exciting -
after browsing ~ 150 pages tomcat cried "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space"
and started not to work...

So maybe it would be not a bad idea to try to keep in memeory just some fixed
number of jsp-servlets ?

I have written a sample implementation of such a policy, but it is not very elegant
as internal structure containing jsp-servlets, it seems, was not designed for such actions...

View raw message