tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r379606 - /tomcat/jasper/branches/tc4.1.x/src/share/org/apache/jasper/compiler/JspRuntimeContext.java
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2006 06:08:46 GMT

<markt@apache.org> wrote in message
news:20060221221541.27042.qmail@minotaur.apache.org...
> Author: markt
> Date: Tue Feb 21 14:15:40 2006
> New Revision: 379606

> Log:
> Another tweak to keep Gump happy with Java 5.0

Yes, it looks like Gump is finally happy with all Tomcat projects (including
the brand-new tomcat-jasper_tc6 :).

For those not following the Gump lists, what was happening is that Gump was
starting to lose more projects that required Java 5 than it was retaining by
using 1.4.  So the Gump PMC finally decided to take the plunge, and change
the main build over to using Java 5.  Which really works for us, as now we
can throw all of TC 6.0 straight into Gump with no problems (so we can all
get the nags when somebody breaks the build ;-).