tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Haroon Rafique <>
Subject RE: never say never...
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2006 17:56:45 GMT
On Tuesday at 12:54pm, JB=>Jay Burgess <> wrote:

JB> The following comments are not intended to be a personal attack on
JB> anyone. However, I can't stand by and watch George speak my mind for
JB> me, word for word, and not chime in and say "I agree!".  Plus, I think
JB> if you took a poll, you'd find he speaks for a large number of list
JB> subcribers.

Yes Jay, other members have that feeling too. If we take a look at the
recent past, there are various examples of rudeness, impropriety and lack
of respect.

There's the thread:
Subject: Sloppy, Lazy Tomcat Developers (Was: Persistent) which speaks
volumes about how the tomcat dev community is turning people away.

Constant threats of banning people don't help:

In addition, what does a guy need to do get his bug fixed!!!!???
I don't claim to be an expert by any means and the quality of the patch is
not that great either, but come on:
Subject: solicit some interest in fixing bug 36847 (PatchAvailable)
Subject: squeaky wheel gets the oil (so please fix bug 36847)

So, yes, the persistent among us will keep trying but, for sure, a few of
use will be turned away for good.

Haroon Rafique

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: