tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Costin Manolache" <cos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 6 source organisation
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2006 17:49:42 GMT
On 2/28/06, Keith Wannamaker <Keith@apache.org> wrote:
> +1 for consolidating into a single module/src folder.
>
> maven has matured since I last looked.  It seems the biggest advantages
> for us would be dependency management and a common build layout.  I
> don't have a feel for how much work it would take to convert, but it
> doesn't seem like we would loose much if that approach were taken.

Well, 'make' is also mature - it doesn't mean we should switch to it -
or to any tool
that happens to 'mature'.

I'm -0.99 on switching to maven. We already have dependency download  and we
can use a more modern version -  I think there are several options
that don't come with a framework attached. As for 'common build
layout' - that's up to us to decide :-)

Costin