tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Costin Manolache" <cos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New clustering module proposal - WAS: Long rants
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2006 18:47:05 GMT
I'm curious, do you need anything in server.xml ?

+1 on making it a module, as independent of tomcat version ( or tomcat
in general ) as possible. Add any hooks you need to avoid strong
dependencies. I think the connectors worked pretty well as a
version-independent tomcat module.

I think it would be even better if the clustering modules would be
released independently of tomcat - i.e. as an add-on module, in a
separate download, with it's own config file ( the 'trusted webapps'
have access to internal classes - so it can be even packaged as a .war
:-).

Costin