tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat 6 source organisation
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2006 20:52:27 GMT
Remy Maucherat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think it is time to decide how the source repository is going to be
> organized, with the questions being:
> - how many source folders do we need (Costin wanted one, while others
> like Jacob seem to want "modules") ?
> - do we continue to use Ant ?
> - etc

I am +0 on any changes.

Assuming some changes are made, there needs to be some thought given
to where in the source tree we put the trunk/branch/tag structure
before we start moving things around.

There have also been various comments made that different components
may be released on different release cycles. If this route is
followed, there needs to be a reasonably clear idea of what these
components might be as this will also have an impact on the best way
to structure the source.

Mark