tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <grm7...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: never say never...
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2006 17:46:29 GMT
Haroon Rafique wrote:

> On Tuesday at 12:54pm, JB=>Jay Burgess <lists@vtgroup.com> wrote:
>
> JB> The following comments are not intended to be a personal attack on
> JB> anyone. However, I can't stand by and watch George speak my mind for
> JB> me, word for word, and not chime in and say "I agree!".  Plus, I think
> JB> if you took a poll, you'd find he speaks for a large number of list
> JB> subcribers.
> JB>
>
> Yes Jay, other members have that feeling too. If we take a look at the
> recent past, there are various examples of rudeness, impropriety and lack
> of respect.

Well, my sympathies are more with the Tomcat developer team, given the
abuse they incur from certain unfortunate individuals in the user
community.

> There's the thread:
> Subject: Sloppy, Lazy Tomcat Developers (Was: Persistent) which speaks
> volumes about how the tomcat dev community is turning people away.

I checked the thread and didn't see anything wrong with what was stated
by the Tomcat developers.  They're only properly defending themselves
against abuse from a disrespectful user.  How would you expect any team
to respond to an email with a subject of "Sloppy, Lazy Tomcat Developers"?

Glen