tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject New clustering module proposal - WAS: Long rants
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2006 17:25:04 GMT
Sounds like there is a consensus amongst folks. So to summarize
everyones thoughts, let me know if this sounds like a solution agreeable
to everyone.

1. Keep 5.5.x as a maintenance module as it was of 5.5.15 + cross context

2. Break out cluster config from catalina.jar to catalina-cluster.jar
that way we can enable more than one config
   In Catalina.java have a ClusterRuleSetFactory.getClusterRuleSet()
that will load the rule set run time.

3. Create two new modules (to use for TC6 and as an optional library for
TC 5.5.x)
   a) Name:groupcom
      Lib : catalina-groups.jar
      Purpose: Group messaging component
   b) Name: ha
      Lib : catalina-cluster.jar
      Purpose: session replication logic, context attribute replication
and other new features

Lets gather one round of feedback and then vote so that I can move on
with new dev.

Filip