tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r379183 - in /tomcat/container/tc5.5.x/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina: core/StandardContext.java startup/ContextConfig.java
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2006 18:15:26 GMT
Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
> I reverted the checkin on my local box, and it started to work again, do
> you want to handle it, or do you need me to provide you with more info
> what the actual cause was?

I have no idea what the problem is. I added tracing, and verified the
manager instance was null (in the default case at least) when getting to:
                 if (manager == null) {
                     if ((cluster != null) && distributable) {
                         try {
                             setManager(cluster.createManager(getName()));
                         } catch (Exception ex) {
                             log.error("standardContext.clusterFail", ex);
                             ok = false;
                         }
                     } else {
                         setManager(new StandardManager());