tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Herrmann <...@jadn.com>
Subject Building Tomcat 5.0 - SUCCESS
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2006 01:50:34 GMT

I believe I finally got Tomcat 5.0 to build cleanly Fedora 4.

I used these 4 files;

mktc  - drives the whole thing (including blowing away any local copies)
build.xml - from the building tomcat 5 page, but modified to use svn not
cvs.  ( http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.0-doc/build.xml )
build.properties - to override the default java package base (since
Fedora has a full copy of different stuff in /usr/share/java )
build.properties.default - to override sourceforge site, jmx version,
struts version

Perhaps this can be used to update the "Building Tomcat 5 Page."  If I
still have commit access (bobh@apache.org) I could take a crack at it.

I'm kind of surprised that their aren't automated nightly builds
(ideally with a watchdog report) for each tomcat version.

Cheers
-bob