tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Herrmann <...@jadn.com>
Subject Re: Building Tomcat
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2006 15:24:41 GMT
Thanks Henri.  It turns out it might have been an issue related to
jpackage.org.  Namely that on Linux I expected,

    export ANT_HOME=/tmp/apache-ant-1.6.5
    export PATH=$ANT_HOME/bin:$PATH

would run the right version of ant.  Alas ant seems to also use this
file "/etc/ant.conf" (presumably only on Linux) which ignores the set
ANT_HOME and overrides it, unless  you run it like this,

    $ ant --noconfig

This kinda blows my mind.  And it is unlike the JDK (when you set
JAVA_HOME, and add the right one to your path, you get the one you wanted.)

-bob