tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Lenio <>
Subject Re: problem building 5.5.15
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2006 20:25:12 GMT
Hi Mark, I would be happy to send in patches to the docs on how to build
Tomcat but I still need more info.  Let me rephrase my initial question.

Does there exist a module in the current subversion
repository that has predefined all the properties to
generate a file that is the same as a release?

For example, I am attempting to generate apache-tomcat-5.5.15.tar.gz.
The current docs basically say "run ant".  Based on your earlier email I
know now that I'm supposed to first set the tomcat version properties.
OK so after ant finishes up, then what?  I think the next step is to
go into the build subdir and do 'ant release' but that's guesswork on my
part.  I'm looking to replicate the way you guys produce official