tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Lenio <>
Subject problem building 5.5.15
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2006 15:42:31 GMT
All -

Apologies in advance if this should go to tomcat-users but I'm
suspecting a problem with the way the source code is being distributed
so I'm starting here.

I downloaded the source file for 5.5.15 and built it.  After installing
it I ran bin/ which said I had version  Not what I
was expecting.

So I followed instructions, exactly, from to build directly
from subversion.  The build went
fine.  But still says  I was expecting to have

So, did I really just build  There was a bug that was
supposedly fixed in 5.5.15 that I was experiencing, and I still see this
bug when I use this which leads me to conclude I did not
really build 5.5.15.

Note: I can't use the binary 5.5.15 package because I have a requirement
to patch, that's why I am starting from the source code.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message