tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Rossbach ...@objektpark.de>
Subject Re: tomcat 5.5 Cluster and JMX Re: svn commit: r379938 - /tomcat/container/tc5.5.x/modules/cluster/to-do.txt
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2006 14:23:51 GMT
Am 23.02.2006 um 15:05 schrieb Filip Hanik - Dev Lists:

> >Peter Rossbach wrote:
>
> as you might understand, it will take me longer time to explain the
> design to you than to just do it, and you can learn it from the
> code itself. you'll catch on it it eventually.

That is a way, but I thing like Rainer, better we do those changes
for TC6 code base first.

> >Q: Break your ReplicationListener/ClusterReceiverBase change the
> cluster default mode ?
>
> I don't understand the question.

The current tomcat 5.5.15 has a simple cluster configuration option.
see HowTo

            <Cluster
className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster"/>

Setup with SocketReplicationListener and fastasyncqueue mode. I use
this mode at my training courses. People see that first cluster setup
is simple. Later all the special cluster configuration option comes,
but start is simple and powerful.

> >One of me ideas is, that we build a cluster regession test suite.
> >I start a ant base cluster config generation project and hope I
> finished
> >this work at middle of next month.
>
> excellent, I have a home grown test suite for replication accuracy
> in synchronized mode, I can donate that to you.
Great, mail the suite me. Thanks!

> >Q: Have you test your changes with the other ClusterReceiver class
> SocketReplicationListener ?
>
> Not yet, its on the agenda.

Then simple cluster setup currently not working.