tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Jack" <jack...@hotmail.com>
Subject UserManager managing UserContexts
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2006 10:04:23 GMT
"Terry Zhou" <zhouxc@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:daa09eb00601200137k6e9fa75cr@mail.gmail.com...
>Tomcat does have a realm in different level(Engine,Host,Webapp) for
>security.
>Check http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/realm-howto.html

The document really says that, but as I tried, the result is disappointing.
It just doesn't work.
I guess the document might just give the direction to go. If it works for
you please let me know.

I added this into context.xml:
<Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.MemoryRealm"
             pathname="conf/Catalina/localhost/dusers.xml">
 </Realm>

Furthermore, I want to have a UserContext component. The users' information
might be store in several places.
Any classes just have to deal with UserContext, all details will be
encapsulated inside the UserContext such as access keystore, truststore, or
database, ldap.

And single signon will become more logic, easier to controle.

jackzhp@hotmail.com