tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: tomcat 5.8.0 - weird response on HTTP OPTIONS method
Date Sat, 07 Jan 2006 16:50:29 GMT
DefaultServlet doesn't implement OPTIONS either, and I don't remember
ever implementing or seeing an implementation of the method in
anything except webdav servlet.

Since it is part of the standard - and it seems it is even used - we
should support it, but this has been broken forever. I'm curious if it
could be implemented at container level, maybe detecting if a servlet
doesn't implement it and returning a default implemenation ? Tomcat
can detect what methods are implemented - unless the servlet overrides
service().

Costin