tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: tomcat 5.8.0 - weird response on HTTP OPTIONS method
Date Sat, 07 Jan 2006 11:20:34 GMT
Mark Thomas wrote:
> Mauro Bertapelle wrote:
>>this has nothing to do with
>>webdav and the naive
>>way in which ie implements it, but probably Tomcat should handle
>>"options" better when
>>it's acting as a static web server.
>>
>>Mauro
>
> I have confirmed this behaviour with the latest source from SVN. It is
> a bug. I'll look into it.

It is as a result Jasper. A request for:
OPTIONS http://localhost:8080/ HTTP/1.1

or
OPTIONS http://localhost:8080/index.jsp HTTP/1.1

eventually calls the _jspService method created by Jasper in
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Generate.generatePreamble() which assumes a
request method of GET.

I have commitments which mean I will not be able to look at this for a
day or two at the earliest. If no one else fixes it between now and
early next week, I'll look at it then.

Mark