tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject RE: Nightly builds broken
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2006 20:08:12 GMT

Actually, Gump runs (or at least the one that nags) on vmgump.apache.org
(http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/index.html).  Also, Gump hasn't
published the jars it builds for quite some time (to avoid licensing
issues).

Also Gump builds aren't true nightlies, since they build everything against
the HEAD of everything else, not against the version specified in
build.properties.default.

> Also as an aside, all the Gump files still call it jakarta-tomcat-*
> rather than apache-tomcat-* or just tomcat-*.  I'm not a Gump expert,
> but I believe the Gump project file we want to update is (at least)
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/gump/metadata/project/jakarta-
> tomcat-catalina.xml.

Actually the closest to a nightly would be jakarta-tomcat-5.xml, but that
one hasn't built in about 6 months (currently because of axis, before that
xdoclet).  The jakarta-tomcat-catalina one is only the 5.5 container part of
the build.

I was too lazy to change the gump project names on the svn move :).  There
are about seven jakarta-tomcat*.xml project files, and three
jakarta-servlet-api*.xml files that would need to be moved.  You'd also need
to change the reference to the files in profile/gump.xml, and track down all
of the other projects that depend on them (e.g. 67 for jakarta-servletapi-4)
and change it there as well.

All ASF committers have karma for the Gump metadata, so if anybody feels
strongly about the names, knock yourself out :).

> Thoughts?
>
> --
> Yoav Shapira
> System Design and Management Fellow