tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From John Lewis <jle...@unicon.net>
Subject Cross-Context Session Replication
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2005 17:53:37 GMT
As was discussed here over the summer, there is a need in the JSR-168
Portlet community to use cross-context access so that a portal webapp
can communicate with various portlet webapps.  Unfortunately, session
replication in a Tomcat cluster does not occur when one webapp accesses
another webapp's context and changes occur in the session of the target
webapp.

Unicon now has several clients that are extremely eager to see
cross-context session replication support built into Tomcat.  Given that
this work would be difficult for someone not already familiar with the
Tomcat code, are there any experienced Tomcat developers out there who
would be interested in doing this work for pay?  Of course we are eager
to have this change incorporated into the main Tomcat code, so having an
existing Tomcat committer do this would be ideal.

If anyone qualified is interested, please contact me directly.  We will
undertake the effort ourselves if necessary, but obviously we would
prefer to find a community-oriented solution to the problem.

Thanks for your help!

John Lewis
Unicon, Inc.
+1-602-509-0925